Do you want to make a lasting impact on companies that invest in protecting their employees and send them home safely each day? If so, then Power Breezer is the place for you!
At Breezer, we believe that “Everyone Deserves to Be Cool.” We are a fast-growing, entrepreneurial company that expects our team members to deliver results. We desire people that are not afraid to lead, make mistakes and learn. We enjoy what we do and work directly with the coolest customers in the military, manufacturing, logistics, the NFL and NCAA College Football.
As the Product Manager, you will be responsible for the product management of several product families within Power Breezer’s existing and expanding portfolio of evaporative cooling products. Primary responsibility includes product strategy, new product introduction, market and competitive analysis, business case development, product positioning, pricing as well as managing and monitoring the overall product lifecycle and business plans. This position will be instrumental in executing business unit strategies in a dynamic market condition. This role will closely work with engineering, R&D, operations, sales and various cross functional teams.
- Ownership of product lifecycle from new product concept and launch through obsolescence
- Define, execute and maintain the product strategy, positioning and roadmap
- Identify market needs and develop Market Requirement Documents (MRDs) and Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) for new product development with prioritized features, corresponding justification, target markets & applications, forecast and business plans
- Develop and execute a pricing strategy to meet revenue and margin targets
- Work with product marketing and corporate marketing to launch products
- Lead and execute tactical actions in a timely manner on specific products to support the overall business objectives
- Lead customer engagement, presentations and seminars
- Be an expert on competitor’s capabilities and product positioning in the market
- Interface with engineering, R&D, operations and sales to develop new products or enhance existing products
- Work with sales on pricing and product specifications for special business opportunities
- Review product sales forecasts and key accounts, monitor and understand trends and align with overall business unit
- Monitors product or product line units, distribution, ASP, and revenue & margin performance against targets
- Run beta and lead customer programs with early-stage prototypes and samples
- Participate as product spokesperson with customers and various conferences and trade shows
- Intelligence, Initiative, Integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar technical engineering + coursework in Sales/Marketing
- 5+ years of product management or product marketing experience
- Self-motivated with strong drive to achieve business objectives
- Strong personal work ethic, sense of ownership, and a can-do attitude to drive projects through completion.
- Ability to blend the technical and commercial aspects to deliver a balanced approach to problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- General knowledge of both the sales and product manufacturing processes
- Willingness to travel
- MS in Electrical Engineering or similar technical engineering field and/or MBA
- 8+ years of relevant product management or marketing experience with technical products and/or SaaS technology
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching new products
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong analytical skills and experience
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
In a world that is getting hotter and heat records being broken year after year, Power Breezer keeps people safe and productive. Our cool fans are engineered to keep our armed forces, athletes, workers and many others safe and productive.
ABOUT POWER BREEZER:
Half the world is hot at any given time. We have the leading-edge solutions to cool them. Power Breezer produces unrivaled cooling for outdoor and covered spaces. Based in Charlotte, NC, with expanding global distribution, we are looking for entrepreneurial, driven, creative people to join our team.